Definitions & Interpretation
|collectively all information that you submit to ThePestDoctor via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Act 1998;
|a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies);
|The Pest Doctor, we or us
|ThePestDoctor, Pest Doctor, TPD, The Pest Doctor UK;
|UK and EU Cookie Law
|the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;
|Client, User or you
|any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by ThePestDoctor and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to ThePestDoctor and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services;
|the website that you are currently using, www.ThePestDoctor.uk, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
- the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
- “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
- reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
The purpose of this policy is to explain how ThePestDoctor collects, protects, and uses personal data. ThePestDoctor is committed to ensuring that any personal data supplied by its Clients or is otherwise generated by its business activities is collected and processed fairly and lawfully.
2. What Types Of Personal Data Does ThePestDoctor Collect?
ThePestDoctor needs certain personal data to enable it to provide its products and services to its Clients and end users. The personal data collected will generally include: company name, company size and sector, individual contact names (first and last name) and job titles for delivery, installation, support and billing, postal address, telephone and fax numbers, e-mail addresses. ThePestDoctor will also collect logs of verification checks made. Access to personal data that is generated over the Network utilised by ThePestDoctor services include IP and email addresses for incoming and outgoing data and network usage data. In certain circumstances ThePestDoctor may also collect financial information about ThePestDoctor Clients and end users from third parties to enable ThePestDoctor to assess its risks in granting credit terms and contact information about organisations ThePestDoctor considers may be interested in ThePestDoctor products and services.
Summary of what Data we may collect, which includes personal Data, from you:
- Company Name, Name;
- Contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- Demographic information such as post code, preferences and interests;
- IP address (automatically collected);
- Web browser type and version (automatically collected);
- Operating system (automatically collected);
3. How Does ThePestDoctor Obtain Personal Data
ThePestDoctor obtains personal data in a number of ways including from orders placed by Clients and end users (whether by telephone, fax or email or by application form); from enquiries made by existing Clients and potential Clients, (including information gathered at marketing events and via the ThePestDoctor website); from third party list brokers; from resellers who pass on personal data to ThePestDoctor about end users; and directly from the Network utilised by ThePestDoctor services.
4. How Does ThePestDoctor Use The Personal Data It Holds?
- For purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, ThePestDoctor is the “data controller”.
- We will retain any Data you submit for 12 months.
- Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to any third party disclosures specifically set out in this policy, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties. This includes our affiliates and / or other companies within our group.
- All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998. For more details on security see the clause below (Security).
- Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website.
4.1 Providing and Improving the ThePestDoctor Service
Most of ThePestDoctors’ use of personal data is necessary to enable it to provide a service to its Clients and its end users, including order processing, delivery, installation, support & consultancy services as well as for invoicing and in order to answer general Client enquiries.
In addition, ThePestDoctor may also use personal data to improve on the level and type of service ThePestDoctor offers to its Clients. As part of this interest in improving the service provided, ThePestDoctor may process personal data for the purposes of sales analysis and Client usage statistics.
4.2 Direct Marketing
ThePestDoctor may from time to time inform its Clients, end users and potential Clients about ThePestDoctor and ThePestDoctor affiliate products and services and other information ThePestDoctor feels may be of interest.
Clients and other recipients of information from ThePestDoctor may indicate at the time they first place an order with ThePestDoctor whether or not they wish to receive such information or at any later time by simply contacting ThePestDoctor, as indicated in paragraph 9 below.
4.3 Third Party Marketing
ThePestDoctor will use first party cookies (such as Google Analytics cookie) and third party cookies (such as Double click cookie) together to report on how ThePestDoctor use ad impressions, other uses of ad services and interactions with ad impressions and ad services for visits related to the ThePestDoctor site, in addition to data or third party audience data in relation to age, gender and interests.
Clients also have the option to opt out of Google’s use of Doubleclick’s by visiting the Google Doubleclick opt out page.
5. Does ThePestDoctor Transfer Personal Data Overseas?
As ThePestDoctor is part of a global organisation with local operating companies in a number of countries worldwide, to fulfil its Client service obligations it is necessary for ThePestDoctor to transfer and process personal data outside the country in which the personal data is collected. This will include transfers to ThePestDoctor affiliates based in the United States. Prior to making any such transfer ThePestDoctor will put in place security procedures and firewalls designed to prevent unauthorised use of or access to personal data.
6. To Whom Does ThePestDoctor Disclose Personal Data?
ThePestDoctor will pass personal data within its internal departments in order to fulfil sales and support obligations as well as to finance departments to enable invoicing.
As a general rule, ThePestDoctor does not disclose personal data to unaffiliated third parties except where Client consent has been obtained, where ThePestDoctor is under an obligation by law to disclose personal data or where ThePestDoctor has contracted with third parties to assist in providing services to ThePestDoctor Clients such as for delivery, installation and systems support services.
7. How Does ThePestDoctor Protect The Personal Data It Holds?
ThePestDoctor takes Client confidentiality and security very seriously. ThePestDoctor has implemented appropriate internal security procedures that restrict access to and disclosure of personal data within ThePestDoctor. These procedures will be reviewed from time to time to determine whether they are being complied with and are effective.
ThePestDoctor will not use any of the Clients sensitive information about the site or app whilst collecting data for the purpose of re marketing. Sensitive data includes:
- interest or participation in adult activities (including alcohol, gambling, adult dating, pornography, etc.)
- sexual behaviour or orientation
- racial or ethnic information
- political affiliation
- trade union membership or affiliation
- religion or religious belief
- negative financial status or situation
- health or medical information
- status as a child under 13
- the commission or alleged commission of any crime
ThePestDoctor will also actively investigate and cooperate with law enforcement agencies any allegations of abuse or violation of system or network security.
8. Clients’ Rights
The law in certain jurisdictions (including countries within the European Economic Area) gives individuals whose personal data is held by ThePestDoctor specific rights to access and rectify personal data held about them. These include the right to:
8.1 obtain from ThePestDoctor, for a prescribed fee, confirmation that personal data is held, as well as a written description of such personal data, the purpose(s) for which it is being used, the source(s) of the personal data and details of any recipients;
8.2 request the deletion or rectification of personal data which is inaccurate; and inaccurate; and
8.3 as explained in paragraph 4.2 above to object to any unsolicited information sent by ThePestDoctor regarding promotions or new products and services.
8.4 You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal Data held by ThePestDoctor (where such Data is held) on payment of a small fee, which will not exceed £10.00.
9. Contact Details
If any individual wishes to contact ThePestDoctor regarding the personal data held about them or has any other question about ThePestDoctor’ data privacy procedures, they should direct an email to thepestdoctoruk [ at ] gmail.com.
10. Policy Updates
As part of ThePestDoctor’s commitment to compliance with data privacy requirements, and to reflect changes in ThePestDoctor’s operating procedures, ThePestDoctor may update the terms of this policy from time to time.
11. Changes Of Business Ownership And Control
- We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
- In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
12. Controlling Use Of Your Data
- Wherever you are required to submit Data, you will be given options to restrict our use of that Data. This may include the following:
- use of Data for direct marketing purposes; and
- sharing Data with third parties.
13. Functionality Of The Website
- To use all features and functions available on the Website, you may be required to submit certain Data.
- Data security is of great importance to ThePestDoctor and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected via this Website.
- If password access is required for certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
- We endeavour to do our best to protect your personal Data. However, transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure and is done at your own risk. We cannot ensure the security of your Data transmitted to the Website.
- All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
- Before the Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message bar requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling ThePestDoctor to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
|Type of Cookie
|Purpose of Cookie
|Strictly necessary cookies
|These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
|They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
|These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
|These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
- You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
- You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
- It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
Updated: 6th October 2017 @ 13:29pm